Friday, June 06, 2008

I am a Prophetess!!

Last night I said that I was sure something would come up with my best friend's ex regarding her trip. Sure enough it did! Quite literally actually!!

Her attorney emailed this morning that both the ex and my friend's son have the stomach flu. Apparently it is a sneaky spontaneous flu that strikes two people at EXACTLY the same time right before they are scheduled to travel for visitation, evaluation and her psychological testing (that has already been re-scheduled three times). It is going around you know.

Oh, and a little later we heard that it is a 4-7 day flu. What an amazing coincidence. Of course there were no signs at all that she was coming down with anything last night when she was going to an Open House and needed confirmation of the visitation schedule "no later than"...

I don't think I will ever forget the look on the kids faces when they heard that their brother wouldn't be here tonight after all. Chris was at work and they kept making plans for his arrival. I couldn't let them keep doing that. They just had to know.

I told them simply that their mother said she and their brother were sick and so they wouldn't be coming after all. They were devastated, absolutely devatated.

No comments:

"Mr. Deity and the Help Meet" - My Favorite

Roadents: Episode 3 - "The Beef Barn"